CucurUdang.Com

We like eating cucur udang. Sometimes we eat cucur udang with chilli sauce, sometimes with tomato sauce for the ones that inda pandai eat chilli sauce. But overall our favourite is cucur udang. Always and forever!

Monday, March 20, 2006

It was good while it lasted

Seems like a whirlwind love affair.. my relationship with him. We met mid 2000, I was a young and innocent girl of only 20. He was an individual of marked wisdom and so very experienced. What did I know, but he extended a welcoming hand to me and I took it and was hooked from then on.

I never thought the relationship would ever reach this far, there had been some ups and downs and we were the typical on-off love relationship and sometimes even I myself didn't know whether we were on or off at that particular moment.

At one point there was just no place for us to be together. Well, in this country there’s not many place that would allow a girl like myself and someone like him to be together in the same place unless I’m just a lowly spectator in a crowd full of other people.

He was quite the popular guy. Everyone wanted a piece of him. And he was very talented in entertaining people. Sometimes though, he’d make people cry, or he’d get people so angry they’d just want to beat people up. One poor guy even landed in the hospital because of him. When you’re around him, sometimes he just gets you so riled up. Yeah, I guess you could say he brings out the worst in people most of the times. But I still loved him no matter what.

I bought so many clothes and shoes because of him. Because I wanted to always look my best for him. No matter what, I would always try and make time for him. No matter how busy my schedule, no matter how tired I was before I was scheduled to meet him. He and I.. well.. it would be hard to separate us. Then I got married and my husband knows that I will always love him but somewhere in my heart, I will hold a special place for the love of my younger years.

It has been almost 6 years now my torrid love affair with him. And just recently our relationship was hit with a severe blow. We were found out. Someone had the nerve to bring the matter up to those that were not compassionate. They forbid us to ever see each other again. I was devastated. And everywhere I went, people who knew about me and him would ask and at times I thought they were mocking me. I would always just put on a brave face and smile away. Letting people know it didn’t bother me that I may never see him again.

And now, the truth of it all as well as the harsh reality is finally sinking in. He and I will have to part. And I am devastated. I may look ok to you. And my eyes may be dry from tears but every time something comes into view that reminds me of our time together brings a sharp pain to the very depths of my heart.

Soon, very soon I know I will have to say a final goodbye to him. I will only get to see him from afar as he also has to carry on. He will make someone else happy and for that I am glad.

Oh the love of my life, Football. You will always be in my heart. From the moment you were introduced to me, to the secret locations we met (Lambak, Terunjing Lama, Jerudong and finally Gadong) I will forever remember these places and smile. The songs they will sing in the stadium and the patriotism I will feel when my country plays on that great big field.. than you Football for bringing to life that part of me.

Hahahahahahahha hey girls. That’s my love letter for the day. Did you really think I was having an affair? Phooey hahahahaahahha aaaaah girls. It was good while it lasted wasn’t it. Time to move on.

Question: does this blog still exist now that no more girls will be running on that field of dreams?

I know I'll still be writing.

Wouldn’t it be fun to have a gathering of all the girl’s football teams. Kind of like a reunion. Hahahahaha now that we’re close to losing football, maybe now we can all stand united and say goodbye together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home